ROYAL BLUE PENGUIN ~ CLASS RATIO 4:1 SILVER PENGUIN ~ CLASS RATIO 4:1
CAP COLOR ~ ROYAL BLUE
ROYAL BLUE PENGUIN – 4 years and up
- Child is too tall/old for stair level but has little to no skills and still needs survival training.
- Child is too old for stair level and has anxieties about the water.
- Child has graduated from the stair levels but does not have the skills necessary to move directly to SP2.
- No breath control. Swimmer cannot hold their breath under water for more than 3 seconds.
- When asked for eyes in and they can only touch their face to the water for a second then pop back up. **Usually associated with anxiety
- No body position (i.e., swimmer runs or doggy paddle style – kicks through the water, instead of streamlining and kicking with legs straight and feet behind.)
- No independent back float. (Swimmer cannot stay floating on his or her back independently for at least 3-5 seconds.)
- Unwilling/unable to transition smoothly from front swim position to back float.
SILVER PENGUIN ~ CLASS RATIO 4:1
CAP COLOR – SILVER
SILVER PENGUIN– 5 years and up
- Student has had previous swim lessons and has the necessary skills to begin directly at SILVER PENGUIN
- Student has graduated from ROYAL BLUE PENGUIN
Specific Requirements of SILVER PENGUIN
- Good breath control. Swimmer can hold their breath under water for 3 seconds or more while swimming.
- Good body position. Swimmer can streamline to and from instructor.
- Independent back float. (Swimmer can stay floating on his or her back independently for at least 3-5 seconds.)
- Able to transition smoothly from front swim position to back float with a minimum of assistance.(Does most of the work, just needs prompting and the occasional assistance smoothing body position.)